Saturday 24 December 2011

Teluk Intan. Menara Condong Food Court.

It is Chrismas holiday. The road is jammed packed. Not advice to travel out of Kuala Lumpur. But I have made reservation at Damail Laut Hotel and SPA for the weekend.Travelling on the North South Highway and exit at Bidor to make my way to Lumut normally takes me about an hour. But today, it takes me about 3 hours to exit off Bidor and our stomach are growling heavly.

Authentic cendol.. you must try.
From Bidor, the traffic was smooth moving towards Teluk Intan. Normally, i would just stop at Mc Donald for lunch, because I had a bad experience eating in Teluk Intan. But today, I make a different plan. I drive up to the "Menara Condong" or our famous Leaning Tower of Teluk Intan. I was told that they have a food court njust across the Menara Condong. We are very hungry people so no time to choose any stall. Just grab a table and order.
We have ordered;
  1. Chicken Rice
  2. Chicken and Beef Sate
  3. Cendol Pulut
  4. Cucur Sayur

Our kids love the chicken rice, infact my eldest son ordered for a second helping.
Chicken and Beef Sate was tasty. You can taste it was properlly marinate with herbs and spice. The peanut sauce is thick and creamy. good to our liking.

Cendol Pulut is totally superb. We have not found such authentic cendol jelly for long time. It does not tasate like current cendol jelly taste, the texture remind us when we were kids. It is a great feeling. The coconut milk I believe using original coconut and not from those instant coconut milk powder. To put more taste to it, they give consider a big chunk of pulut. My wife was happy. When she is happy with her cendol.. I know it must be good(she is a true die hard fan of cendol).. so we have discover the authentic good taste of cendol.

Sate.. yummyy

Cucur sayur was hot from the wok. Deep fried to order. Taste well with chilli dip.. or you can just dip it with peanut sauce. 

Verdict:
Recommended to stop here. There are other choice of food which you can choose from, and I believe if you are around here at night, the place will be better. More choices of food. I missed out to try the Mee Rebus, it looks nice and tasty.
With all that food, it only cost me RM29 which is less than USD210. Just can't believe it yeah!
Chicken Rice with second helping
For these food above, please look out for stall number 18 and stall number 20.
I will definetly pass by this area again for the food.

No comments:

Post a Comment